More questions answered about the new SMHS website
- Friday, August 31, 2018
More questions answered regarding the new SMHS website:
Q: How do I spell check the web pages I've been assigned to edit?
A: Like this--
- If you are a web content editor who is editing a page in Omni Update, note that if you have "checked out" the page (the "lightbulb" near the top of your screen is on/yellow), a small, square "check" icon should also be present.
- Click that icon to open the "page check" box (which also opens automatically when someone tries to "publish" a page).
- There the "ABC Spelling" box to the left will be either green (if no errors are found) or red (if the software identifies words it thinks are misspelled).
- If the box is red, click "Show Results" to see the allegedly misspelled words (alleged because sometimes the software thinks correct words are incorrect, especially in the case of many surnames).
- When you view the words flagged as "misspelled," notice that you can either add them to the dictionary OR go find the error on the page and correct it.
- Then check again in an effort to get your red box to turn green.