Health Professionals' Diabetes Workshop to be held in Grand Forks on April 11
- Friday, February 09, 2018
Mark your calendar for the Health Professionals' Diabetes Workshop to be held at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks on April 11, 2018.
This one-day workshop, presented by the Altru Diabetes Center, is geared toward the health professional who cares for people with diabetes. Its purpose is to provide best practice recommendations to improve diabetes care in a culturally sensitive way.
- Marilyn Gardner, RN, BS, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- William Zaks, MD, Altru Health System
- James Brosseau, MD, MPH, Altru Health System
- Tara Feil, PhD, CHI St. Alexius
- Eric Johnson, MD, University of North Dakota and Altru Health System
A detailed brochure for the event can be found here. The registration fee for Altru employees and students is $25; the fee for non-Altru employees is $80.
To register, go here and: 1) Select "2018 Diabetes Conference," and 2) input username "Diabetes" and password "2018Conf." Pre-registration required by April 2, 2018. Lunch will be included for pre-registered participants only.
Providers--this workshop counts toward your Continuing Medical Education requirements:
- Dietitians/Dietetic Technicians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for continuing education approval.
- Nurses: This activity has been submitted to Montana Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Montana Nurses Association is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation for approving continuing nurse education.
- Physicians: Altru Health System is accredited by the Minnesota Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Altru Health System designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 6 hours AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Contact email@example.com for more information.